Tuesday, March 2, 2010

LA Mockboard

This morning I had my LA mockboard. I wasn't really nervous until I got into the clinic and started setting up. I started with the right PSA and it went well, no positive aspiration and they did not tell me to stop and withdraw before I was finished. Then I did the left IA and I was a little worried because my patient's tongue was kind of in the way of the landmarks. I just asked her to lower her tongue if she could and that did the trick. Then, when I went to do the injection I was shaking like crazy!! I usually never shake like that, but this was a stressful situation so it was kind of to be expected. I just stuck the needle into the site of penetration and that stopped the shaking. I proceeded with the injection, no positive aspiration, and it went well. I ended up passing both injections so I was really excited. I then took the written test which was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

No comments: