Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today was quite a scary adventure on the commute to school. I was driving with our normal car pool and on the freeway a wreck happened right in front of us. An SUV was going over the overpass/bridge at 21st street and they started fishtailing then turned sideways and slammed into the concrete barrier. It then soun around then flipped. Pieces of the car were flying everywhere. Luckily we were far enough behind that we were able to dodge the wreck and safely go no by. It really shook me up but we were safe and it ended up being okay.....for us! Anyway, we then got to clinci and set up and my patient had not showed up so about 15 after 8 I called him and asked if he was coming. He was my last 2 quads I need for my requirements and he could not make it because of the snow! He said his car was stuck in the snow and he couldn't get it out. So now I am freaking out because I still need 2 quads of a 4!!! He said he will come next week so hopefully that will be fine. I ended up screening a patient for a first year student who needed a class 3. The patient was quite wierd and had a lot of medical issues. I actually felt really bad for her. I took x-rays and lucky for her she had very minimal bone loss and just needed some OHI and better home care and she will be in good shape. Not so good though for the first year student, she was not a class 3. So in the afternoon I was super excited for my patient because my Pooky was coming in!! My husband was my patient, he had never been here before so I was way excited to show him what this was all about. He showed up on time and I was able to take x-rays and clean his teeth. I was not happyp though because I found 2 x-rays. It was really fun to have him here to see what clinic is all about.

No comments: